Sunday, September 11, 2005

Venues

This wedding malarky is more complicated than I thought. I can understand why people get very stressed about the whole business, especially given the advice on some of the wedding-planning websites out there. I'd never even thought about the need for a receiving line before, let alone a videography package; according to some random bint, both are essential. Pish. I think we'll be sorting this wedding according to our three maxims: no faff; no poncing; have fun.

We've been to visit a few venues, which isn't as posh as it sounds, given that everything is within a few minutes' walk of the house. I'm hoping to meet the bookings lady tomorrow, so we should have a date within days! Blimey. Watch this space for more information.

7 Comments:

Blogger Caz said...

My sister's advice the day before her wedding was to Elope. Far less hassle! That said I think she did rather enjoy her wedding day (now over a year ago... arrgh!)

11:05 PM  
Blogger notquiteginger said...

can I add another rule - "no tambourines....."

1:45 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

My friend has a colliery brass band? Failing that, I played the recorder at school...so did Craig apparently!! 3 Play list to include 3 blind mice & London's burning...we could add Greensleeves to our repertoire...we'd need a £2 deposit to guarentee booking!! As you will appreiate, we're in great demand, so we recmmend booking early!!

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I suggest Rannygazoo?

9:08 AM  
Blogger Pete Johns said...

Rannygazoo? Now there's an idea!

1:31 PM  
Blogger thribble said...

You could suggest them, but I doubt they'd do it. I thought they split up after our wedding? (not that our wedding was the catalyst!)

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of them retired, and rather than disbanding, they got a replacement (or two). So the old broom has a new handle; same but slightly different.
Go here for a picture of Rob:
http://www.rannygazoo.freeserve.co.uk/rannygazoo/page12.html

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home